Movement to Music for Toddlers
This is our action packed, music infused, fun, social time for parents and children under five-years-old every Wednesday and Friday of school term from 9.30 am.
The cost is $9.50 per child or $13.000 per family for 2 or more children over 12 months for the first week. If you decide to come again, we suggest you pay $25 for the registration pack, which includes a t-shirt, music CD, showbag, and other goodies. From then on the weekly cost is $9.50 per child or $13.00 per family.
We offer a discount for healthcare card holders – $7 per child, $10 per family. Toddler Jam is a not-for-profit community service which is funded by Inglewood Community Church.
We start with some nursery rhymes and story time, followed by music, concluding with a simple morning tea (included in the cost), then playtime. There is normally 40 minutes of music/singing/dancing, we suggest that your child may take 2-3 weeks to feel confident enough to join in.
We have a library of books and videos available for parents and children, please return weekly for videos, fortnightly for books.
We would love it if you could treat Toddler Jam as your community. Help is always appreciated with handing out instruments, helping with parachutes or lycra, and cleaning up afterwards. All our helpers are volunteers.
Jess is employed by Inglewood Community Church.
We would love you to
1. Get involved in the music session! Children are natural and gifted imitators, if we model enthusiasm they will follow.
2. If at all possible, refrain from giving food to your Jammers during the music session. Please keep all food for the coloured tarps at the back of the room.
3. Please do not bring any nuts to Toddler Jam.
4. We like the adults to get involved and have fun!
5. If you think your child may have an infectious illness please wait till they are better until coming to Toddler Jam.
6. Aim to encourage one another as parents, parenting young children is not without trials, let’s look after each other!
Our aim at Toddler Jam is to create an environment where children can participate in a group setting to share in the wonder of music; where they can learn about concepts such as colours, animals, counting, sequencing, and direction.
We hope to help prepare your child for their future school life by stimulating their intellectual, emotional, and social growth through music appreciation.
Our other aim is to give everyone a smiling face including you!
Time and Location
When: 9:30 – 11:00 am
Every Wednesday and Friday of the school term
Where: 10 Cleveland St Dianella